Elections should be publicly funded.
Each candidate should receive an equal amount of public money to run their campaign, and that’s it. No donations, no contributions from lobbies or special interest groups. No rich single donors or super-pacs.
CURRENT GLOBAL POLITICAL MAYHEM STATUS
- Brazil: Massive Nation-Wide protests and riots caused by, among other factors, monetary focus on the World Cup and Olympics instead of the well-being of the populace
- Venezuela: Massive protests and riots caused by unjust elections and violation of democratic rights
- United States: Texas state law was declared invalid after being voted on after a deadline and being protested by both the people and a state Senator. Protests at the senate growing, and law enforcement called in. - The Voting Rights Act of 1965 has been declared inert in the US i.e people of color can be barred from voting.
- Australia: Leadership ballot being called in 2 hours for the third time during the Prime Minister's leadership as to whether or not she will continue as leader of the ALP, her party.
- United Kingdom: Government will ban Church of England and Church of Wales from offering same-sex marriage.
- Greece: Trans*people and sex workers are being rounded up in concentration camps
- Russia: Government creating anti-homosexuality policies threatening the safety of all LGBT*Q Russians.
- China: Dozens (at least 27) have been killed in protests in the Xinjiang province of north-west China.
- Turkey: Police fire water cannons and gas-grenades at anti-government rioters.
'Ricin' letter sent to Barack Obama
'Ricin' letter sent to Barack Obama http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22190031